KiwiSaver scheme investment statements
There is a wide range of investment options available to KiwiSaver members. Before signing up, you'll receive an investment statement that outlines everything you need to know about a scheme, including its fees.
A KiwiSaver scheme's investment statement:
- sets out the specific rules, fees, terms and conditions of the scheme
- how your money will be invested
- who is reponsible for managing your money
- what returns you can expect, and
- their approach to responsible investing (this includes their environmental and social considerations).
It is important that you read the investment statement before signing up to join a KiwiSaver scheme. in fact, in signing the application to join a scheme you will be asked to confirm that you have read the investment statement and understand the scheme's rules, terms and conditions, and the fees.
You might also benefit from independent financial advice.
Where do you get your investment statement?
|If your scheme is ...||you get your investment statement from ...|
|your employer's chosen scheme||your employer.|
|a default scheme||Inland Revenue.|
|one you applied to directly||your KiwiSaver provider.|