How to make voluntary contributions

You can make voluntary contributions (or lump sum payments) at any time, either directly to your KiwiSaver provider or through Inland Revenue.

Once you've made a lump sum payment it's "locked in" until you're eligible to withdraw your savings. You can make payments directly to your KiwiSaver provider. 

Payments through us can be made in two ways.

Internet banking

Choose the "Pay tax" option on your internet banking service. You need to include:

  • your IRD number
  • the tax type "KSS", and
  • period "0" (zero).

By cheque

Please send payments to the address below along with your IRD number and clearly indicate it is for KiwiSaver.

Inland Revenue
PO Box 39050
Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045