Number of active/provisional members by enrolment method
This graph shows three lines, plotting increases of active/provisional members who enrolled in KiwiSaver through:
- opting in via provider,
- opting in via employer, or
- being automatically enrolled by employers.
The vertical axis of this graph shows the total number of enrolled KiwiSaver members. The horizontal axis shows data from June 2009 to June 2018. As at June 2018:
- 2.9 million individuals were enrolled in KiwiSaver, an increase from the 1.8 million in June 2009.
- 1.2 million individuals joined through automatic enrolment, in increase from 0.8 million in June 2009.
- Almost 300 thousand individuals opted in via employer, an increase from 102 thousand in June 2009.
- 1.4 million individuals opted in via provider, an increase from 0.9 million in June 2009.